Join Equal Opportunity Schools at one of our upcoming events.
National Symposium for Equity
Planning for the 3rd Annual Symposium has already been begun and dates/locations/structure will be announced in the coming months. The Symposium will remain an invitation-only forum with conversations focused at the superintendent and district leadership level. If you have suggestions for next year’s Symposium, please fill out this quick survey or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 National Symposium for Equity and Access
Oct 25-26, 2017 Chicago, IL
The Symposium for Equity and Access, supported by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, is an invitation-only forum with conversations focused at the superintendent and district leadership level.
This year, over 100 district educators attended and heard from industry experts, peer panelists, and EOS leadership on best practices to close the equity and achievement gaps.
Equal Opportunity Schools hosts regular regional convenings to inform superintendents, principals, and school and district leaders about our program. If you are interested in learning more about the application process, contact us at email@example.com to attend one of the following events:
- Inland Empire, CA Convening – Nov 3, 2017
- Atlanta, GA Convening – Nov 7, 2017
- Clark County, NV Convening – Nov 13, 2017
- Colorado Convening – Nov 15, 2017
- Irvine, CA Convening – Jan 12, 2018
- Reynoldsburg, OH Convening – Jan 17, 2018
- Detroit, MI Convening – Jan 18, 2018
- Salt Lake City, UT Convening – Jan 23, 2018
- Yountville (Napa Valley), CA Convening – Jan 24, 2018
- Merced (San Joaquin Valley), CA Convening – Jan 25, 2018
These regional convenings are in the early stages of planning. Once dates are confirmed, we’ll update. In the meantime, send us a note if you’re interested in any of the tentative regions or in hosting a convening for your own region.
- Florida Convening – TBD
- Massachusetts Convening – TBD
- Maryland Convening – TBD
- New Jersey Convening – TBD
- Cleveland, OH Convening – TBD
- Columbus, OH Convening – TBD
- Pennsylvania Convening – TBD
- Connecticut convening – TBD
- Northern Virginia Convening – TBD
- South Carolina Convening – TBD
Upcoming Speaking Engagements
For detailed abstracts, please check the conference websites.
March 24-26, 2018 – Dr. Chris Belcher presenting at ASCD National Conference, Boston, MA
April 7-9, 2018 – Dr. Chris Belcher presenting at NSBA Conference, San Antonio, TX
July 18-20, 2018 – Dr. Chris Belcher and Dr. Thomas Randle, Lamar CISD, presenting at AP Annual Conference, Houston, TX
Oct 22-24, 2018 – Dr. Chris Belcher and Dr. Tamela Horton, Arlington ISD, submitted to present at College Board Forum, Dallas, TX
Past Speaking Engagements
Many of the presentations can be found by visiting the conference site. In some cases, presentations and/or articles can be found in our news feed.
Oct 6-7, 2017 – Dr. Chris Belcher presented at MSBA Annual Conference, Osage Beach, MO
Oct 11-14, 2017 – Dr. Chris Belcher and Lee Vargas presented at ALAS Conference, Houston, TX
Oct 25-27, 2017 – Dr. Tracey Conrad presented at College Board Forum, NYC, NY
Nov 10, 2017 – Reid Saaris presented at SIEPR Policy Forum on Opportunities and Challenges in Improving K-12 Education, Stanford University, CA
Jan 2, 2018 – Reid Saaris presented at ACE Center at Castilleja School, Palo Alto, CA