Join Equal Opportunity Schools at one of our upcoming events.
EOS’ National Symposiums gathers equity champions together to learn, discuss, and advocate for equitable access and opportunity for students of color and low-income students, into rigorous college readiness courses, such as AP and IB. We encourage partner districts to send a contingency of district and school leaders (Superintendents, District Leads, Principals, School Leads, Equity/Diversity Directors, Counselors, Curriculum Directors, and AP/IB teachers) to attend and network during the two-day event. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
2020 National Symposium on Equity & Excellence
March 2-3, 2020 Atlanta, GA – Atlanta Marriott Marquis
As a strong advocate of the educational equity work we do together, we are excited to extend this exclusive invitation to our partner districts and schools to register for the EOS 2020 Symposium. The Equity and Excellence Symposium is designed to propel you and your teams forward on your equity journey. You’ll leave inspired and ready to take your learning home, pass it on to your colleagues, and act on behalf of your students.
Registration includes access to the Equity & Innovation Showcase intended for district and school leaders, which kicks off on Monday, March 2 at noon. We hope you will join Equal Opportunity Schools, the Building Equitable Learning Environments Network (BELE Network), and over 200 of your colleagues representing over 55 EOS partner districts for this one of kind, highly curated, race and equity centered, professional learning and networking experience.
Registration includes dinner at the historic Ebenezer Baptist Church (sold out) or a reception at the National Center for Civil and Human Rights Museum, before the Monday evening Opening Plenary session (open to all registrants). There is no cost to attend beyond your airfare, hotel accommodations, and incidentals.
We would love to see you in Atlanta for Symposium 2020 and the kickoff dinner. For any questions, please contact Tofa McCormick.
- TxEd (TASA/TASB) – Exhibiting, Sept 20-22, 2019 Dallas, TX
- ALAS Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents – Exhibiting, Oct 16-19, 2019, Orlando, FL
- IASB Illinois Association of School Boards – Exhibiting and Presenting, Nov 22-24, 2019, Chicago, IL
- Blue Ribbon School of Excellence – Exhibiting and Presenting, Dec 12-15, 2019, Orlando, FL
- WASB Wisconsin Association of School Boards – Exhibiting and Presenting, Jan 22-23, 2020, Milwaukee, WI
- ESEA Annual Conference – Exhibiting, Feb 4-7, 2020, Atlanta, GA
- Assistant/Aspiring Principal Workshop – Exhibiting, Feb 9-11, 2020, Hilton Austin Airport, TX
- AASA School Superintendents Association – Exhibiting and Presenting, Feb 13-15, 2020, San Diego, CA
- NSBA National School Board Association – Exhibiting, April 4-6, 2020, Chicago, IL conference has been postponed
- TASSP Summer Workshop – Exhibiting, June 10-12, 2020, Hilton Anatole in Dallas
- NASSP National Association of Secondary School Principals – Exhibiting, July 7-9, 2020, National Harbor, MD
- CGCS Council of Great City Schools – Networking, Oct 23-27, Louisville, KY
- The Equity in Education Coalition – Networking, Oct 27-29, 2019, Tacoma, WA
- NABSE National Alliance of Black School Educators – Networking, Nov 11-17, 2019, Dallas, TX
- WSSDA Annual Conference – Networking, Nov 21-24, 2019, Bellevue, WA
- AESA Annual Conference – TBD, Dec 4-7, 2019, Phoenix, AZ
- A Dream Deferred: The Future of African American Education – Networking, March 11–13, 2020, Chicago, IL
- Prepárate: Educating Latinos for the Future of America – Presenting and Networking, April 23–24, 2020, Las Vegas, NV conference has been postponed
- COSEBOC Coalition of Schools Educating Boys of Color – Networking, May 2020, conference has been postponed
- FASA Florida Association of School Administrators – TBD, June 9-11, 2020, Orlando, FL
- College Board (AP) Annual Conference – Networking, July 16-19, 2020, Boston, MA
- College Board Forum – TBD, Nov 6-8, 2019, Washington, D.C.
- College Board regional forums – 2020 TBA
- Middle States Region
- Midwest Region
- New England Region
- Southern Region
- SW Region
- Western Region
- CAPSS/CABE Annual Conference – TBD, Nov 15-16, 2019, Mystic Marriott Hotel, Groton
- NASAI Native American Student Advocacy Institute: Building Nations Through Education – TBD, June 4–5, 2020, Phoenix, AZ
2019 Speaking Engagements Scheduled
EOS regularly submits abstracts to present at education, equity, race and diversity conferences both individually and in partnership with district partners. Below is a list of speaking engagements where we have been selected.
Speaking Engagements Scheduled
For detailed abstracts, please check the conference websites.
Previous Speaking Engagements
Many of the presentations can be found by visiting the conference site. In some cases, presentations and/or articles can be found in our news feed.
Previous Speaking Engagements
Many of the presentations can be accessed through the conference site.
Equal Opportunity Schools hosts regular regional convenings to inform superintendents, principals, and school and district leaders about our program. If you are interested in learning more about the application process, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to attend an event.
Regional Convenings Scheduled
These regional convenings are in the early stages of planning. Once dates are confirmed, we’ll update. In the meantime, send us a note if you’re interested in any of the tentative regions or in hosting a regional convening for your own region.
Previous National Symposiums
The National Symposium gathers equity champions together to learn, discuss, and advocate for equitable access and opportunity for students of color and low-income students, into rigorous college readiness courses, such as AP and IB. We encourage districts to send a contingency of district and school leaders (Superintendents, District Leads, Principals, School Leads, Equity/Diversity Directors, Councilors, Curriculum Directors, and AP/IB teachers) to attend and network during the two-day event. Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.