Over 850,000 low-income and students of color have not been placed in advanced level courses across U.S. high schools.1
That’s approximately 1,100 high schools worth of students!2
For various reasons, Black, Brown and underprivileged students are often times overlooked and aren’t seated in AP/IB/AICE classes. We at Equal Opportunity Schools have proprietary tools and resources that can help your school district address and hopefully end this disparity. We host regular Education Equity Regional Convenings (virtually) to inform superintendents, principals, and school and district leaders about our Action For Equity partnership program.
To date, we’ve helped 700 schools in 220+ districts across 30 states increase equitable access to advanced level academic courses. We hope you’ll partner with us in the pursuit of education equity for underserved students. Register Now!
1 NCES National Data Set. (2014).
2 NCES Statistical Analysis Report. September 2001. Overview of Public Elementary and Secondary Schools and Districts: School Year 1999-2000. (2001). National Center for Education Statistics. https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2001/overview/table05.asp
Education Equity Regional Schedule:
(all listed times are location specific)
- 10 AM on 10/12/2021 – Bowling Green, KY
- 11 AM on 10/19/2021 – Virginia Beach, VA
- 9 AM on 10/26/2021 Provo-Ogden, UT
- 11 AM on 10/27/2021 Detroit, MI
- 10 AM on 10/28/2021 Omaha-Lincoln, NE
- 8:30 AM on 11/2/2021 Cleveland, OH
- 8:30 AM on 11/4/2021 Cincinnati, OH
- 10 AM on 11/9/2021 Tulsa, OK
- 10 AM on 11/10/2021 Little Rock, AR
- 10 AM on 11/16/2021 Oklahoma City, OK
- 10 AM on 12/2/2021 Jonesboro, AR
- 8:30 AM on 12/7/2021 Pittsburg, PA
- 8:30 AM on 12/9/2021 Philadelphia, PA
- 8:30 AM on 12/8/2021 St. Louis, MO
- 10 AM on12/14/2021 TBD, AL
- 8:30 AM on 12/15/2021 Dallas Fort-Worth, TX
- 8:30 AM on 12/16/2021 Denver, CO
- 8:30 AM on 1/11/2022 Twin Cities, MN
- 11 AM on 1/12/2022 Indianapolis, IN
- 8:30 AM on 1/13/2022 Cedar Rapids, IA
- 8:30 AM on 1/18/2022 Atlanta, GA
- 8:30 AM on 1/19/2022 Bay Area, CA
- 8:30 AM on 1/20/2022 Los Angeles, CA
- TBD North Carolina
- TBD South Carolina
- TBD Connecticut
If you are interested in learning more about equity and how to support low-income and students of color in their access and opportunity to rigorous courses, please contact us directly to schedule a personalized Zoom call with you and your team.
We at Equal Opportunity Schools have proprietary tools and resources that can help your school district address and hopefully end this disparity. Register for a Webinar. For more information, please visit our Introductory Webinar page.
September 28, 2021 – Why Equity Can’t Wait: Learn what steps you can take to ensure opportunity and success for ALL of your students.
October 7, 2021 – Data in Action: Take a deeper look into our Student Insight Card and the Equity Pathways Report—your new way of knowing more.
October 14, 2021 – Partner Success Story: Hear from a district partner on how EOS facilitates their equity work and help shifted the culture of who belongs in AP/IB/AICE.
October 21, 2021 – Funding Equity: Lean into a conversation on the importance of equity and the creative ways to fund and prioritize it in your district.