Over 850,000 low-income and students of color have not been placed in advanced level courses across U.S. high schools.1
That’s approximately 1,100 high schools worth of students!2
For various reasons, Black, Brown and underprivileged students are often times overlooked and aren’t seated in AP/IB/AICE classes. We at Equal Opportunity Schools have proprietary tools and resources that can help your school district address and hopefully end this disparity. We host regular Education Equity Regional Convenings (virtually) to inform superintendents, principals, and school and district leaders about our Action For Equity partnership program.
To date, we’ve helped nearly 800 schools 250 districts across 33 states increase equitable access to advanced level academic courses. We hope you’ll Partner with Us in the pursuit of education equity for underserved students.
1 NCES National Data Set. (2014).
2 NCES Statistical Analysis Report. September 2001. Overview of Public Elementary and Secondary Schools and Districts: School Year 1999-2000. (2001). National Center for Education Statistics. https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2001/overview/table05.asp
Education Equity Learning Session Schedule:
During these convening, you’ll join local school leaders from across your state to thought partner and discuss initiatives that empower your students by shifting adult mindsets and eliminating barriers to participation that build towards equitable learning environments. Learn More!
Fall 2021 schedule
(all listed times are location specific)
- 11 AM on 10/19/2021 – Virginia Beach, VA Submit Data
- 9 AM on 10/26/2021 Provo-Ogden, UT Submit Data
- 11 AM on 10/27/2021 Detroit, MI Submit Data
- 10 AM on 10/28/2021 Omaha-Lincoln, NE Submit Data
- 10 AM on 11/2/2021 – Bowling Green, KY Submit Data
- 8:30 AM on 11/4/2021 Cincinnati, OH Submit Data
- 10 AM on 11/9/2021 Tulsa, OK Submit Data
- 10 AM on 11/10/2021 Little Rock/Jonesboro, AR Submit Data
- 10 AM on 11/16/2021 Oklahoma City, OK Submit Data
- 10 AM on 11/17/2021 Rio Grande Valley, TX Submit Data
- 11 AM on 11/18/2021 Connecticut Submit Data
- 11 AM on 11/30/2021 Florida Submit Data
- 8:30 AM on 12/7/2021 Pittsburg, PA Submit Data
- 8:30 AM on 12/8/2021 St. Louis, MO Submit Data
- 8:30 AM on 12/9/2021 Philadelphia, PA Submit Data
- 10 AM on12/14/2021 Alabama Submit Data
- 8:30 AM on 12/15/2021 Dallas Fort-Worth, TX Submit Data
- 8:30 AM on 12/16/2021 San Antonio, TX Submit Data
- 8:30 AM on 12/16/2021 Denver, CO Submit Data
Winter 2022 schedule
(all listed times are Pacific)
- 8 AM on 1/12/2022 Submit Data
- 11 AM on 11 1/13/2022 Submit Data
- 1 PM on 1/19/2022 Submit Data
- 1 PM on 1/20/2022 Submit Data
- 11 AM on 1/25/2022 Submit Data
- 8 AM on 1/27/2022 Submit Data
If you are interested in learning more about equity and how to support low-income and students of color in their access and opportunity to rigorous courses, please contact us directly to schedule a personalized Zoom call with you and your team.
We at Equal Opportunity Schools have proprietary tools and resources that can help your school district address and hopefully end this disparity. For more information, please visit our Webinar page and fill out our webinar survey to help us plan the next webinar series.
Why Equity Can’t Wait: Learn what steps you can take to ensure opportunity and success for ALL of your students. Watch the Recording
Data in Action: Take a deeper look into our Student Insight Card and the Equity Pathways Report—your new way of knowing more. Watch the Recording
Partner Success Story: Hear from a district partner on how EOS facilitates their equity work and help shifted the culture of who belongs in AP/IB/AICE. Watch the Recording
Funding Equity: Lean into a conversation on the importance of equity and the creative ways to fund and prioritize it in your district. Watch the Recording
For more information, please visit our Webinar page.