Building Expectations of success.
The Leadership Orientation (LO) is a full-day workshop, designed to give district and school leaders the opportunity to proactively engage in our equity work before the school year begins and to build relationships with regional districts engaging in equity work.
Public education is intended to unlock opportunities for all students no matter their zip code, ethnicity or family income. Sadly, this is not the reality for too many kids across the country—particularly students of color and low-income students.
However, you have made equity a priority in your district and Equal Opportunity Schools (EOS) is excited to begin our work together and give you the opportunity to collaborate with other district partners in your region.
Because of this, EOS developed a one-day workshop to support the Action For Equity: Access Opportunity phase. This phase is designed to increase participation rates in AP/IB classes for students of color and low-income students while transforming school culture and adult mindsets.
“I was already thinking about equity and inclusion prior to the orientation, but this meeting helped me to articulate how these concepts would look in a public school setting.” – Johnny Ray McCray, World History Teacher
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Build a support network with other partners in your region
- Engage in various exercises and activities essential to the successful implementation of the Access
Opportunity phase in the Action For Equity model
- Bond and engage with your team and set expectations for various roles, including leadership
- Work with a team of experts from EOS
Attendees will be prepared to:
- Communicate the Access Opportunity phase in the Action For Equity model, goals, and process to staff
- Interact with the tools Equal Opportunity Schools will provide you throughout the Access Opportunity phase
- Articulate how EOS and racial equity applies to school and district goals and complimentary initiatives
- Anticipate and overcome potential barriers to success
If you still have additional questions, please contact us.