Marketing and Communications Manager
Equal Opportunity Schools (EOS) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager who can help the organization continue scaling its impact through marketing and publicity outreach with high-quality communications initiatives.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is a newly created position that will report to the CEO and will be based in Seattle, Washington. This will be the only dedicated marketing and communications position in the organization (though there is a sales team with marketing responsibilities) and requires an accomplished self-starter with a wide range of abilities, including the management of freelance and vendor support for the marketing/communications work.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the CEO to develop, implement, and closely monitor all marketing and communications initiatives at EOS to support ongoing organizational growth.
- Oversee branding and brand integrity of EOS, insuring consistent use of the EOS brand, as well as branded partnerships.
- Design and create communications and collateral content for potential and current partners. Work across the EOS organization to insure all communication is clear, consistent, and true to the vision of EOS. Create & execute communications guidelines and internal training.
- Create talking points, research reports, quarterly reports, newsletters, annual reports, and Powerpoint presentations to be used by EOS staff and key partners.
- Participate in writing of grant requests and grant updates, and engage with key funders and potential funders.
- Develop publicity strategy, and oversee creation of opeds, publicity releases and other publicity initiatives.
- Organize and publicize events with partners to promote and celebrate the work of EOS.
- Develop key external-facing collateral including website, print, digital, and video content.
- Manage marketing and communications budget; hire and manage freelancers to support marketing work.
- Work across EOS to continuously improve upon systems that will enable EOS to sustain and grow its impact on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of missing students for years to come.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will have at least 6 years of experience (preferably more) and a track record of results. EOS is seeking candidates who are deeply passionate about solving racial and economic inequities in our education system. The Marketing & Communications Manager will have experience building and executing highly effective marketing plans, events and programs, a deep understanding of branding, and demonstrated marketing results.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will have a mindset that enables him/her to:
Mobilize others around a shared vision. You know how to hear and understand others’ interests, motivations, and the passions that animate them. From there you make the connection to EOS’s work and can mobilize others to action. You thrive on making connections with others by eliciting a shared passion for making the world a more equitable place.
Relentlessly pursue your objectives without an ego. You know that meeting your objectives requires many seemingly competing traits – thoughtfulness and high-productivity/efficiency, confidence and humility, active listening with a clear goal in mind.
Chart a clear path forward through ambiguity. You are a self-starter who will create, iterate, and constantly reprioritize your work. You are a strategic thinker who knows how to evaluate your resources and constantly align, and realign, them toward a common objective.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree. A Master’s degree or more would be a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of marketing experience including publicity, marketing communications, and marketing strategy.
- Superlative writing and verbal communications skills.
- Direct experience with all aspects of marketing, publicity, events, and brand-building.
- Experience managing freelance workers to achieve excellent results on time and on budget.
- Experience creating communications vehicles such as websites, newsletters, and marketing collateral.
- Ability to analyze results of marketing efforts and to readjust plans based on data.
- Proven ability to manage a budget and to make strategic choices about what can be outsourced.
- A savvy understanding of leads creation and leads management.
- Demonstrated project management skills. Highly organized and capable of managing many workstreams at once and able to move seamlessly between the high-level/strategic and details of implementation.
- An ability to build relationships with the flexibility and finesse to create seamless teamwork throughout the organization.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, program participants and other supporters.
- A proven ability to work independently, an entrepreneurial spirit that enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Experience working in a non-profit or public sector organization dedicated to improving social justice or educational outcomes for students would be beneficial, but is not required.
If you are passionate about ensuring that students of all backgrounds get great opportunities for learning in their schools, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@EOSchools.org
Equal Opportunity Schools is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Schools considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Equal Opportunity Schools provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. If you need accommodation, please contact us at: inquiry@EOSchools.org.