The Database Administrator at EOS is part of the Program team comprised of experienced, high-performing, equity-minded data and product leaders. The Database Administrator will play a vital role in creating and championing the long term vision for organizational data systems. This position will be a primary contributor to the design and implementation of infrastructure and processes to support the growing data needs that are vital to EOS’s services, learning and success. This data must be made available in well-architected, easily accessible databases and data warehouses serving the needs of internal stakeholder groups which include Product Development, Data Science, Partnership, and the Leadership team
As a Database Administrator, a typical day might include the following critical functions:
- Designing, architecting and implementing infrastructure components that enable data access to internal stakeholder groups
- Providing data modeling and data extract support for research and analysis efforts
- Assist in designing and implementing shared data resources for use by internal team members for product delivery and analysis purposes
- Architecting and implementing a reporting data warehouse that is compliant with all security requirements
- The design, implementation and enforcement of data access security controls for internal and external users
- Supporting the database needs of the product development team
- On-going Database performance monitoring, tuning and optimization
- Designing and implementing data transformation and summarization processes
- Maintenance of production, staging, and reporting database systems
This job might be for you if you have:
- A solid foundation in core database administration competencies including high-availability, recoverability (backup\restore), installation and configuration, security, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and ETL operations.
- Minimum5 years of database administration experience which includes PostgreSQL.
- Experience designing and optimizing high-performance databases
- Data engineering experience in building data warehouses including ETL and data summarization processes.
- Experience hosting databases and other resources on AWS is a plus
- Expertise in scripting and automation for database maintenance and alerting.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Student Information Systems or School System data is a plus
If you are passionate about ensuring that students of all backgrounds get great opportunities for learning in their schools, please submit your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@EOSchools.org
Equal Opportunity Schools is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Schools considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Equal Opportunity Schools provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. If you need accommodation, please contact us at: inquiry@EOSchools.org.